In this article, we will share some natural hair care tips and healthy things to eat for maintaining hair growth.
Everyone experience hair falls in their life as it is a part of the natural hair care growth cycle.
It is the natural process for the hair to grow as the old hair needs to fall for the new hair to grow.
Your hair may get damaged due to chemical hair products or shampoos and other toxic hair products.
The others reasons include:
- Unhealthy Lifestyles
- Lack of Protein
- Hormonal Shifts
18 Hair Growth Tips that make Your Hair Grow Faster
Egg Mask is the healthy home remedy and the best hair treatment for damaged hair.
Eggs contain a high amount of proteins that help in the formation of new hair growth.
It contains vitamins and minerals that improve hair elasticity and curbs hair loss.
It also helps to nourish your hair and add shine and condition your hair naturally.
Tips to make Egg Mask to maintain Natural Hair Care
- Take one Egg and separate Egg White in a bowl, and add a teaspoon of Olive Oil.
- Mix it and make its paste, then apply it to your hair and scalp for 20 minutes.
- After that wash your hair with shampoo and cool water.
Trim Hair Regularly
You must trim your hair on a regular basis to get long and shiny hair.
Trimming helps you to cut your split ends and keeps hair more healthy.
It is recommended to get your hair trimmed from 6 to 8 weeks to curb the dry and split ends.
Trimming is the best option for your hair growth and helps you to get rid of damaged and broken hair.
Splits occur after every three months and damages your hair.
As per research, One must schedule a trim after every 3- 4 months or 12 to 16 weeks.
Baking Soda Wash
Baking Soda Therapy is the effective hair treatment that removes dandruff and treats oily hair.
It makes your hair feel lighter and gives a shiny and glossy feeling.
Its natural alkaline properties help to balance the ph level of the scalp and keep it clean.
Tips to use Baking Soda Natural Hair Care Treatment
- Mix one tablespoon of Baking Soda Powder with some water and apply it to your damp hair.
- Wait for it 5 minutes and wash your hair.
- Repeat this remedy once or twice a month.
- The other option you can do is add one tablespoon of Baking Soda and apply it with shampoo and wash your hair.
Moisturize Your Hair with Beer
Nourishing and Moisturizing your hair will ensure you excellent hair health and repairs damaged hair.
And that with Beer Shampoo add grace and shine to your hair.
Use Beer or Beer Shampoo to condition your hair naturally.
Beauty Tips for Hair to maintain Natural Hair Care
- Apply Beer to your wet hair.
- Distribute it evenly to your hair and massage your scalp with fingers for 20 minutes.
- Then wash your hair with shampoo to get rid of the beer smell.
- You can do this procedure for once a week to get smooth and silky hair.
Note: People with sinus and cold should avoid using this treatment.
Onion Juice is the best treatment for damaged hair and boosts your hair growth.
It helps to nourish your hair, improves hair growth and regenerates your hair.
It also minimizes the hair thinning and protects it from the damages.
Natural Hair Care Tips to use Onion Juice for Hair
- Take a few slices of Onion and squeeze its juice.
- Dab a cotton pad or ball in the juice and apply it on your scalp.
- Once your scalp is covered massage it for a couple of minutes.
- Leave it for 15 minutes to one hour.
- After that wash your hair with mild shampoo.
Green Tea is the effective home remedy for natural hair care and full of nutrients and vitamins.
It helps to boost hair growth, prevent hair loss and gives relief from scalp disorders.
It contains antioxidants that provide numerous health benefits.
Things You Need:
- Three Green Tea Bags
- ½ liter Water
Green Tea and Natural Hair Care Tips
- Put the bags into the water for 10 to 15 minutes and remove it.
- Apply it onto your hair and massage your scalp for 10 minutes.
- After that wash your hair gently and rinse well into your scalp with cool water.
- You can also use used Tea Bags for this treatment.
The other way includes:
- You can sip the Green Tea two times a day.
- Take Green Tea Capsules.
- Adopt shampoo that has Green Tea Extracts.
Coconut Oil Conditioner
Coconut is the natural ingredient and best remedy for maintaining your hair and skin.
Its oil stimulates faster growth, good for deep conditioning and removes dandruff from the scalp.
It promotes faster hair growth and protects your hair from sun damage.
Hair Treatment with Coconut Oil for Proper Hair Care
- You can moisturize your hair with Coconut Oil to reduce hair dryness.
- Massage your hair with warm Coconut Oil into the scalp.
- Let it sit for half an hour so that it reaches through ends and nourish your hair.
- After that shampoo your hair with cold water.
- Wash it twice to remove the excess oil.
Indian Gooseberry, Malacca Tree, Amla or Emblic Myrobalan is an edible fruit that provides many benefits.
- It is rich in vitamins and minerals
- Help to boost hair growth
- Maintain proper care
- Maintains the ph level
It enriches your hair and scalp and enhances hair texture.
It is available in the form of fruit, juice, and powder.
Natural Hair Care for Maintaining Proper Care
- Mix two teaspoon of Amla Powder or juice with equal amount of Lime Juice.
- Apply it in your hair and let it dry.
- Wash it with cold water to avoid hair pigmentation.
- The other way is you can drink its juice two times a day for better results.
Use Wooden Comb for Your Hair
It is the best product to use on your hair and helps for hair growth.
If you are using plastic, metallic or artificial brushes then it’s time to switch to a wooden brush.
Benefits of Wooden Brush:
- Increase blood circulation that helps to grow hair faster.
- It helps to ensure shine and hydrate your hair.
- It helps to stimulate acupressure points on the scalp.
- The wooden comb prevents hair loss and hair breakages.
- It helps to reduce dandruff.
- It is the best product for long hair.
The durability of wooden brushes is long and add bounce and shine to your hair.
Deep Conditioning Once a Week
Cleansing once a week can be the best hair care one can do at home.
For that, you do not need any expensive products or fancy conditioning oils.
Use Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Linseed Oil, and Almond Oil for the conditioning.
You can use your favourite oil, lukewarm it and massage it into your hair.
Wrap your head in a towel and leave it for an hour.
After that wash your hair with warm water and shampoo it.
The other method includes making your DIY protein conditioner.
For that mix Eggs and Yoghurt and rub it on to your scalp.
Apply it on to your hair and leave it for 10 minutes and wash it with cold water.
Apple Cider Vinegar
It contains antibacterial properties that help to reduce dryness, itchiness, and dandruff.
It maintains hair ph level and combat scalp infections.
When you use vinegar after shampoo your hair, it adds shine to your hair.
Natural Hair Care Tips and Steps to use Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix two tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar with one cup of water.
- Apply it after washing hair and then rinse again with a light conditioner.
This method will remove dryness and help you get shiny hair and accelerates hair growth.
Don’t Wash Your Hair Frequently
No doubt shampoo helps to reduce smell, dirt and others odors or sweat.
But frequent washing can damage your hair and make it dry.
Too much using of shampoo can make your hair greasy, limp and dirty.
How often to wash hair depends on hair type, scalp texture, and how oily the hair gets.
The best way is to wash your hair every 2 to 3 days a week.
The other alternative is to wash your hair with water only to remove the dust and dirt.
Natural Hair Care Tips to Wash Hair
- If you have dry hair, do not wash it on daily basis.
- Wash your hair with shampoo on weekly when having dry hair.
- Use herbal or natural shampoo to reduce the effects of chemicals.
Eat Healthy Diet
Our hair health depends on the food we eat.
Healthy food helps you to maintain hair health and makes your hair shiny.
The healthy diets to eat for maintaining hair include:
- Fruits: Fruits like Orange, Apples, Grapes, and Apricots are beneficial for maintaining good care.
- Dry Fruits and Nuts: Dry Fruits like Almonds or Walnuts helps to thicken your hair. It contains Omega 3 Fatty Acids that nourish your hair.
- Green Vegetables: Like Spinach, Kale Leaves helps to nourish your hair and boost growth.
- Whole Grains: The Whole Grains contains nutrients like Fiber, Iron, Zinc and Vitamin B. It includes Fish, Yoghurt, Avocado, Eggs or Salad.
You can also read about 9 Healthy Recipes to Boost Immune System
Herbal Hair Mask
You can prepare an Herbal Hair Mask with the help of natural herbs and many useful oils.
The herbal hair pack helps to maintain your hair health and repairs damaged hair.
Things You Need:
- Neem or Indian Lilac
- Indian Gooseberry
Steps on to Make Herbal Hair Mask
- Make a paste of Indian Lilac overnight soaked and one tablespoon of Indian Gooseberry Powder. In case you do not have Amla Powder, you can use its Juice.
- Use this pack on your hair and scalp.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes and wash it with water.
Sandalwood Hair Mask
Sandalwood is a useful remedy to make your hair grow faster and nourishes dry hair.
It removes oil from the hair and makes it smoother and soft.
Natural Hair Care with Sandalwood Hair Mask
- Add two tablespoon of Sandalwood Powder to three tablespoons of Lime Juice.
- Make its paste and apply it on the hair.
- You can also use Licorice Powder in place of Sandalwood Powder or mix both.
- Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash your hair with water.
- The other way is mix 1 tablespoon of Almond Oil and 3 to 5 drops of Sandalwood Oil.
It helps to remove dandruff and cool down the scalp. Apply it on hair for the better results.
Protect Your Hair from the Sun and Dust
The hair gets damaged by the pollutants in the air and due to the sun rays.
It becomes necessary to protect your hair from these effects by following some tips.
The health of hair affects due to the overexposure to the sun that causes blood cells to dilate.
Tips to get Natural Hair Care
- In summers cover your hair with a hat or else with a scarf. It protects your skin from sun damage and styles your looks.
- Do not go out with wet or oily hair as it will make your hair dusty and dirty.
- Tie up your hair and do not leave open hair when outdoors.
- Deep Condition at least once a week to get your hair moisture back.
You can also read about How to Treat Sunburn with Natural Remedies?
Castor Oil Deep Conditioner
It is the best option for healthy hair and includes Omega Fatty Acids that treat hair related problems.
Its oil helps to treat damaged hair, nourish the scalp and strengthens the root.
Things You Need:
- 1 tablespoon Castor Oil
- 2 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil
- 1 tablespoon Virgin Coconut Oil
Steps on Beauty Tips for Hair
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and apply it on the scalp and shampoo your hair after one hour.
- Repeat this two or three times a week to get the best results.
You can also read about 10 Amazing Benefits of Tea Tree Oil for Warts
Avoid Heat Styling
One needs to keep things in mind when styling hair with a curling wand or straightening iron.
Limit your heat styling to once or twice a week.
Applying heat to hair often can damage your hair and can cause split ends.
It is better to apply heat-protectant to your hair before curling and straightening your hair.