Yoga is a marvelous way to start the day and feel energetic and active all day long.
Morning Yoga Routine is a healthy and innovative way to uplift your mind and body.
It enrich you with freshness, decluttered your mind but also provides many benefits.
Yoga is an ancient techniques and beliefs that teaches self-discipline, gratitude, and patience.
Its various applications helps to relax and strengthen our mind, body and bring awareness.
How to Do Yoga?
Find a Relaxing Place for Yoga
You can do yoga at home, spacious veranda, garden, park or in a calm nature.
Get Yoga Accessories
All you need is a comfortable yoga mat and loose clothes to perform yoga.
Do warm-up stretches with sun salutations and other stretching exercises.
Determine Focus for Yoga Practice
In the morning yoga routine, you can do some breathing exercises or yoga poses that you may find comfort in performing.
Learn Yoga Asanas
You can perform yoga poses for flexibility, balance, and relaxation. It includes corpse pose, warrior, tree pose or downward dog.
How to Practice Yoga to Rejuvenates your Energy Level
Yoga energizes your body with peace, reduces stress and imbibe with positivity to start a day.
It keeps your mind and body healthy, bring awareness and boost your energy levels.
In this article, we will talk about various yoga poses and forms that will keep you energetic all day.
1. Sun Salutations or Surya Namaskar
Sun Salutation is a total body workout that warm ups your upper back, core, legs, butts or shoulders.
The meaning of this pose is to give thanks for a new day and greeting the sun.
It stretches your entire body, contracts and expands your muscles to get blood flow in the body.
- It checks hormonal imbalances and improves digestion.
- It helps to reduce weight and stomach fat.
- Salutations help to enhance skin health and give protection from many diseases.
Beginner Yoga Routine
- Start in a standing position, with arms at the side.
- Breathe in and gradually raise the arms up, join the palms together.
- Look up the sky, breathe out and bend forward toward the legs.
- Place your hands flat on the floor and unlock the knees and let forehead meet the shins.
- Step the right foot back and left foot back in the plank position, exhale and go halfway down.
- Move into an upward dog position, pull up the spine and roll the shoulders backward.
- Breathe till three breaths, and walk the feet to the hands.
- Gradually stand and breathe in raise the arms out and up and join the palms together again.
You can do sun salutations, twice or thrice in the beginning to get better results.
2. Ego Eradicator
Its other name is Breathe of Fire.
Ego Eradicator pose provides more oxygen to the brain, lungs and brings awareness to mind and body.
- It works on your ego and opens your heart center.
- It helps to release the negativity and awakens your fire and strength.
- This pose helps to maintain the balance and clear the mind.
- It provides the energy and opens the blockages.
How to start yoga in the morning yoga routine?
- Sit in a comfortable position with your legs crossed.
- Raise your arms forehead to make V position and give a thumbs up and stretch it.
- Curl the fingers towards the top of the palm and bring the arms in V shape up to 60 degrees.
- Inhale and exhale and continue it for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Slowly inhale and draw the thumbs together with a hold of the breath.
- After that stretch, the fingers and exhale, let the arms slowly come down.
3. Downward Facing Dog
This pose provides energy to the entire body and stretches your hamstrings, calves, shoulders, hands, spine, and legs.
It gives relief from headaches, insomnia, asthma, fatigue, and depression.
- It helps to strengthen your strong bones and build bone density.
- It gives flexibility to the body and increases inner strength.
- This pose works on the upper and lower body at the same time.
- It clears your head and brings oxygen to the body.
- It helps to reduce stress and enhances memory and concentration power.
Morning Yoga Routine and getting started with yoga
- Come on to the floor, your knees and hands touching the ground.
- Bring your hands slightly forward of your shoulders, exhale and lift your knees away from the floor.
- Lift the sitting bones towards the ceilings and stretch your heels down to the floor.
- Straighten your knees, push your top thighs back and make sure not to lock your knees.
- Straighten your arms and make sure not to lock them.
4. Spine Stretch
Our spine supports the head, back, shoulders and upper body.
It gives you the flexibility to bend and twist and supports you to stand up straight.
Stretches help to lower back pain and gives protection from injuries.
- It helps to keep muscles and spine flexible.
- It helps to improve the blood flow and reduce stress on joints.
- Stretching is a best aerobic exercise.
- It helps to give relief from muscles tensions.
How to do Morning Yoga Routine?
You can start with stretching exercises to reduce the effect of any harm or injury.
Seated Forward Bend Exercise
- Sit on the floor with your legs straight and slowly inhale and exhale.
- Inhale one more time and reach your arms up to the ceiling.
- Gradually exhale and bend forward by hinging at the hips or else try to touch your feet with hands.
- Bring your belly down to your thighs, or you can do that with the help of a yoga strap or towel.
- Stay in the position for a few seconds and breathe in and out.
- Try to stretch your muscles and bring your upper body, even more, closer to the legs.
- Gradually lift your upper body and come back to the sitting position.
You can do this stretch as per your comfort hold it for 30 seconds to one minute with regular practice.
5. Warrior I Pose
Warrior I pose strengthens your arms, thigh, ankle, shoulder, calf, and back.
It is essential to do this pose with an empty stomach, or you can do it early morning.
If you are performing yoga in the evening, then make sure to take a gap of three hours in between your meal.
- It helps to improve focus and stability.
- It provides oxygen to the body and opens your chest, hips, and lungs.
- This pose improves balance and brings circulation to the body.
- It stretches and provides energy to the whole body.
You can also read about 17 Surprising Health Benefits of Yoga
How to do Morning Yoga Routine?
- Put your right foot in the front and left foot behind similar in a lunge position.
- Turn your right foot outwards in 90 degrees and make sure your foot aligned with the center of the left foot.
- Inhale and lift your arm up straight over the head, palms facing each other.
- Exhale and bend your knees, join your palms and give your torso and spine a good stretch.
- Gently push your pelvis down and arch your back, and look toward the ceiling.
- Breathe deeply and feel strength and stability, stay in this position for few breaths.
- Come back into the lunge position and extend your arms to your sides.
- Take few breathes and repeat it from the other side.
It will build inner stamina and release stress from the shoulders and encourage peace.
6. Tree Pose
Tree Pose balances your body and best yoga pose to perform in the morning when your mind is free from worries and stress.
It strengthens the spine, brings stability and improves your overall balance.
- It helps to improve balance and strength in the body.
- It enhances confidence and self-esteem.
- Tree pose helps to boost intensity in bones of hips and legs.
- It brings pelvis stability and gives muscles a good stretch.
Morning Yoga for Beginners and Steps to do Tree Pose
- Begin with a standing pose with your arms at your side.
- Slightly bend your right knee and place your right foot high up on your left thigh.
- Adjust yourself in the tree position, breathe and maintain balance.
- Inhale and raise your arms over the head and join your palms together.
- Look straight or else close your eyes, and keep your spine straight.
- Take deep breaths and hold this position for a few seconds or counts.
- After that bring your hands down and release the right leg.
- Come back to the standing position and start to practice this pose with the left leg.
One must perform this pose on an empty stomach, and it is beneficial to do it in the morning.
Note: It is better to avoid Tree Pose if you are suffering from insomnia or migraine problems.
7. Bridge Pose
Bridge Pose provides many benefits to the mind and body and brings more awareness.
This pose is simple, supports weight loss, stretches your back, legs, and pelvis.
- It helps to open your chest and keeps the spine flexible.
- It reduces back pain and headaches.
- Bridge Pose calms the mind, brain and nervous system.
- It helps to reduce stress and depression.
- It strengthens the back, muscles, hamstrings, and buttocks.
- This pose improves the circulation of the blood.
- It reduces the symptoms of asthma and high blood pressure.
Morning Yoga Routine and Getting Started with Yoga
- Lie down on your back on the yoga mat and put arms at your side and palms down.
- Bend your knees and put your feet flat on the floor.
- Keep your feet hip-width apart, parallel and close to the buttocks.
- Exhale and slowly lift your hips up toward the ceiling, press your upper arms and keep your thighs and inner feet parallel.
- Put your knees over the heels and keep a distance, lengthen the tailbone toward the backs of the knees. Lift the pubis toward the navel.
- Lift your hips high and your chin slightly away from the sternum (breastbone). Firm your arms into the floor and shift the shoulders blade down along the spine.
- Stay in this position for 15 to 20 seconds and make sure to take breaths.
- While slowly exhaling come back down to the floor and relax.
For more benefits, you can do constant practice, and this pose helps to supports weight loss.
8. Upward or Reverse Plank Pose
Upward Plank Pose is an intensive workout, and useful yoga stretches for beginners.
It strengthens the body, brings awareness, improves balance and opens up the chest.
This yoga pose stretches your entire body and brings flexibility to the body.
- It helps to reduce weight with its constant practice.
- It strengthens your wrist, legs, back, and triceps.
- Its reverse stretch helps to reduce stress and open your mind.
- It stretches your abs, chest, front ankles and shoulders.
- It strengthens the core or legs muscles.
Morning Yoga Routine and Yoga Stretches for Beginners
- Lie down on your back, knees bent, and arms and feet on the floor.
- Gradually exhale and lift your hips towards the ceiling and engage the core muscles.
- Roll your shoulders back and open up your chest and heart.
- Extend your arms along the floor and under your pelvis.
- Put your feet and thighs parallel and tailbone toward the back of the knee.
- Hold the position for a few breaths and release to the starting position. Exhale and allow your knees to drop together on the floor.
9. Chair Pose
Chair Pose is an intensive workout of the body and easy way to build strength, energy, and heat in the body.
It provides enormous benefits and keeps your mind active and positive.
This yoga pose stretches your body, relax your muscles and supports weight loss.
It is an effective way to boost the energy levels in the body.
- It strengthens your lower back, ankles, calves, and torso.
- It brings balance, coordination, and tone up the muscles.
- This pose stretches your chest and shoulder.
- It reduces the symptom of flat feet.
- It improves the heart rate and circulates the blood flow in the system.
Morning Yoga Routine and Steps to do Chair Pose
- Stand with your feet slightly apart and spread your toes.
- Inhale and raise your arms above your head and perpendicular to the floor.
- You can either keep your arms parallel, join your palms together or face it inward.
- Exhale and bend your knees and keep your thighs parallel to the floor as possible.
- Your torso should lean forward over the thighs, and knees over your feet.
- Keep your back long and inner thighs parallel to each other and push your pelvis down towards heels.
- Let your shoulders relax down against your back.
- Stay in this position for a few seconds and breathe in and out.
10. Lord of the Dance Pose
It is the best morning yoga routine workout that rejuvenates your mind and body.
It builds strength to the body, provides flexibility to your spine, shoulders and hamstrings.
- It helps to reduce weight and burn extra calories.
- It soothes your mind and is a great stress buster.
- This pose aids digestion and brings flexibility to the mind and body.
How to do Yoga Pose?
- Stand in tree pose, exhale and bend your left knee and foot to the buttock and hold your foot towards the back with left hand.
- Maintain your balance and stretch your right arm to the front.
- Slight bend and lift your left leg in a curve as high as you can manage.
- Hold this position till a few counts and gradually lower your leg and return to the starting position.
- Repeat this pose from the right leg and breathe.
Morning yoga routine is beneficial for the mind and body and provides amazing benefits.
- Boost your digestive system.
- It increases the circulation and boosts the immune health.
- It provides powerful energy levels.
- Yoga helps to reduce stress and anxiety.
Thus, One must practice yoga on daily basis to enrich your day and life.
Note: It is essential to do yoga on an empty stomach or do it in a gap of three to four hours after taking a meal.