Eyes are an essential part of our body, and the world looks even more beautiful with healthy eyes.
Protecting and taking proper eye care is necessary to treat eye problems.
We tend to neglect our eye health and depend on digital devices both work and personal level.
People often forget the impact of devices on vision, and it may hurt your health.
It may come to the mind of those who use digital devices so much as how to keep eyes healthy.
Symptoms of Unhealthy Eyes include:
- A Headache
- Dry Eyes
- Watery Eyes
- Eye Fatigue and Weak Eye Sight
However, these symptoms can lead to may disease if not checked and cared on time or neglected.
To improve eye health, we are sharing few eye care tips to deal with issues related eyes.
Beneficial Tips on How to Improve Eye Health
- Keep a Break from Digital Screens
- Wear Appropriate Eye Wear for Protection
- Eat Right Choices Food
- Stay Fit and Hydrated
- Wear Sunglasses
- Quit Smoking
- Good Night Sleep for Better Eye Care
- Do Yoga Exercises for Eyes
- Visit Eye Care Health
1. Keep a Break from Digital Screens
Your eyes help you to see a clear picture of things, imagine what it feels likes when vision gets blurred.
Constant looking on screens may lead to:
- Trouble focusing at a distance
- Neck, back, and shoulder pain
- Dry eyes
- Blurry vision or Weak Eyesight
You may get disturbed to see the unclear view or things.
Regular usage of phones, computer, television, and laptops tire your eyes.
To avoid these give your eyes break from the digital gadgets and every 20 minutes stop looking to screens. Make this rule every 20 minutes.
Follow The 20-20 Rule To Maintain Good Eye Care.
Your eyes work so hard during the day and need short breaks to rest.
- Follow 20 – 20 rule to give breaks and ease the strain on eyes.
- Focus on the object that is 20 feet away for 20 seconds every 20 minutes.
- Computer screen should be at arm’s length away from eyes.
- Too much light exposure may irritate the eyes, so dim the bright lights of screens, phone.
- Wear eye protection while working on computers, and laptops.
- Make sure your contact lens or glasses are up to date for looking at computer screens.
- Sit on a comfortable chair, that so that your feet are flat on the floor.
While watching TV makes sure to maintain a distance and do not use it more for than two hours.
2. Wear Appropriate Eye Wear for Protection
Your eyes need protection while doing many activities such as
- Working in a garage or science lab or
- While drilling and welding
According to Healthline, Protective eyewear contains synthetic material, which is about 10 times tougher than other forms of plastic.
How to keep your eyes healthy?
- If you are swimming, wear goggles to avoid exposing your eyes to chlorine.
- Protective eyewear can reduce the risk of sharp objects and chemicals while doing heavy work.
- While doing metal or wooden work, and gardening always wears eye protection.
3. Eat Right Choices Food
Good eye health can maintain with eating well and healthy food options.
It protects the eyes against age related macular degeneration and repairs the damage done by harmful radiations.
As per National Institutes Of Health, These food are helpful in taking good care of eyes.
Food that is rich in vitamins, minerals, beta-carotene, Omega-3, and Lycopene are important to improve eye health.
Foods that are helpful in maintaining good eye care are:
1. Carrots: Its minerals and vitamins properties help to improve vision. Vitamin A helps to prevent eye deficiency and gives protection from many diseases. It provides a positive change to vision.
2. Broccoli: It contains beta carotene, vitamin A, C & E, and phosphorous. It repairs the damage done by harmful radiations. The carotenoids compound in it helps to improve eye health and reduces risks of related disease.
3. Spinach: It contains vitamins, minerals, and lutein that improve eye health naturally. It gives protection from the damage caused by sunlight.
4. Strawberries: It is rich in vitamins, minerals, potassium, and magnesium that helps maintain eye health. Its polyphenols properties help to prevent conditions like dry eyes, vision defects and increase the eye infections.
5. Citrus Fruits: It is rich in vitamins, plant compounds, and fiber that provides many benefits to the body. It helps to maintain the health of blood vessels in your eyes.
Healthy food good for eyes also includes kale, spinach, and low-calorie items.
However, these foods and leafy green vegetables with Omega 3 Acids help to promote eye health. It reduces the risk of many diseases and maintains eye care.
You can also read about Quick & Easy Healthy Recipes To Made In 20 Minutes
4. Stay Fit and Hydrated
Maintaining a proper fitness and remaining hydrated is essential to boost eye health.
Overweight, diabetes and obesity tend to have poor eye health.
It may lead to many problems such as a headache, strain on the eyes, and blurred vision.
How to keep your eyes healthy to maintain eye care?
- Drink sufficient intakes and keep yourself hydrated. It prevents your eyes from getting dry or irritated.
- Daily exercises maintain your healthy weight and improve overall well being.
- It will enhance your eyesight.
Healthy Eye Care Tips to Stay Fit and Healthy
1. Palm Exercise: Rub your hands for at least 20 seconds until they feel warm. Put your hands on your closed eyes and make sure your palms do not touch your eyes. Gently put your fingers on closed eyes for a few seconds then repeat it again. You can continue with this exercise for about 2 to 3 minutes. Do this exercise in the morning every day to improve eye health.
2. Hydropathy: Place a bowl of both cold and hot water in front of you and put a washcloth in each bowl. Now dip a cloth in lukewarm water and place them against your eyes for 30 seconds. Repeat the same process with cold water. You can continue this for 2 minutes for alternating eyes.
3. Pendulum Exercises: It helps to sharpen the focus of the lens by working on oblique muscles. You need to concentrate on the movement of the pendulum and shift the focus from side to side.
5. Wear Sunglasses
While going out or outdoors during daylight wear sunglasses or safety glasses to give your eyes protection from harmful UV rays.
Exposure to harmful UV rays may damage your eyes or increase the risk of cataracts, pinguecula, and other eye problems.
Thus, sunglasses help you to protect your eyes from eye damage and gives proper eye care.
Sunglasses not only give your eyes a shield but also enhance your look and style.
According to Healthline, It protects 100 percent of UVA and UVB radiation from sunlight.
6. Quit Smoking
Smoking is harmful to your health, it can also increase the risk of eye-related disease.
Our blood vessels provide nutrients and blood to the eyes, smoking damages those blood vessels. It can also damage optic nerves that adversely affect your eye vision.
The faster you quit smoking, the quicker it will benefit your blood vessels and lungs.
To improve eye health and keeps your eyes safe from diseases, it is necessary to quit smoking.
You can also read about How to Quit Smoking in 10 Easy Steps?
7. Good Night Sleep for Better Eye Care
Lack of sleep can harm your eye health and also affects your mind and body.
Likewise, your mind, your eyes too need rest during the night and good sleep to recharge your eyes muscles.
Lack of sleep can be harmful to eyes you may get dark circles or problem of eye spam.
Eye spasms are eye twitches that occurs when you have spam in eyelids, known as myokymia.
It happens due to an inadequate amount of sleep or restlessness.
To maintain and improve eye health, One must sleep for at least 7 to 8 hours.
8. Do Yoga Exercises for Eyes
Yoga Exercises is beneficial for maintaining eye health.
Its existed for many centuries and helps to regain eye health.
It not only helps maintain good eye health but also expand the capacity of the eye to function well.
These yoga exercises help you to maintain optimal eye health and return it to its natural state.
It helps to reduce eyes moistness, eye strain and lower excessive near point stress.
How to keep your eyes healthy with Simple Yoga Exercises
1. Stretching Of Eyes:
This warm-up exercise helps you to increase circulation of eyes and remove the pain and aches.
Steps To Do Stretching
- Start with looking straight, ahead then slowly look up.
- Hold it for two seconds then look down and hold it for 2 seconds.
- Now look to the extreme left, and after two seconds move eyes to the extreme right.
- Now move your eyes to the four diagonal corners. (Don’t worry if you feel a tight stretch in your eyes)
- The next step is to repeat the whole cycle, First look to the extreme top left of the corner, bottom-right, then top-right and end with bottom-left.
- Repeat this cycle for one minute.
2. Flexing Eye Muscles:
It keeps your muscles flexible.
Following Steps Includes:
- Relax your eyes for a while, then look up.
- Start rotating your eyes in a clockwise direction.
- Slowly try to reach all the corners while rotating eyes.
- Do it for a minute and then change it to the anti-clockwise direction.
While doing this, you can visualize a flying ball moving round around your face that keeps your muscles flexible.
You can perform this exercise either with open or closed eyes.
3. Deep Blink:
It helps you to relax your muscles and improve your distant vision.
To perform this exercise, you will need a blank wall, a comfortable chair, and some large letters. (You may cut it from newspaper headline)
Follow These Steps To Do Deep Blink:
- Stick those letters on the wall and move back till the letters start to blur.
- Put your chair at that point, sit on it and close your eyes and inhale and exhale for a few seconds.
- Take a deep breath and hold it for few seconds, tighten your body for 5 seconds.
- Exhale quickly from the mouth, release all the tensions and open your eyes.
- Look at the letters as they may look clear to you for few seconds.
- Blink your eyes, breathe and look at the letters.
- Look it for few seconds till it gets blur again.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 for two minutes daily.
9. Visit Eye Care Health
Take medical advice if needed to know the risk factors and warning signs of eye-related problems.
You must visit an eye care specialist to avoid the symptoms of the eye-related disease.
Regular checkups help you to detect problems at an early stage to get proper cure on time.
Visit a doctor, If you see any symptoms of eye dryness, pain, twitching of eyes, eye swelling or redness.
Research shows that an eye exam on a frequent basis is important to take care of your eye health.
One must visit a specialist regularly to keep intact with early signs of myokymia, the risk of cataracts and other eye problems.
Maintaining eye health is even more important when you use digital gadgets and surround your life with it.
Tips on how to keep eyes healthy
- Go for routine checkups.
- Protect your eyes from harmful UV lights.
- Wear eye protection and keep your eye lens and hands clean.
- Drink plenty of water, eat right and stay healthy.
- Avoid rubbing of your hand to prevent infection and irritations.
- Keep your surroundings clean, and keep a distance from digital screens.
- Take frequent breaks if you use the screen for long hours.
- You can relax your eyes with cucumber slices or with potato slices.
Follow these steps regularly to improve your eyesight and maintain proper eye care health.