What is Eczema?
It is a skin related problem and can naturally get cured with many home remedies for eczema.
Eczema means skin that is irritated and itchy.
It is a condition where patches of the skin get red, itchy, inflamed, or rough.
Its symptoms include tiny eczema blisters or thickened plaques of skin that is quite itchy on your skin.
One can get eczema on their various parts of the body.
- Eczema on Skin
- The effects of Eczema on Arms
- Eczema on Neck
- Eczema on Feet
Is Eczema Contagious?
Eczema is the condition of the skin where the patches become rough and itchy.
But it is not contagious, however, if the irritated skin of eczema becomes infected, then the infecting agent, may be contagious.
In this article, we will be discussing the Home Remedies for Eczema.
Is your skin red, dry, layered and to a great degree irritated? Have you been determined to have Eczema?
We get many inquiries concerning skin issues like Eczema, Dermatitis and Psoriasis.
Luckily, it’s not all about fate and misery as there are a lot of other options and home remedies to fight Dermatitis and Eczema.
The Diet & LifeStyle Connection with Eczema & Dermatitis
Eczema and other skin issues are mind-boggling conditions with a potential assortment of causes, yet there do appear some regular things that assist (both dietary and other).
Here are the broadly acknowledged reasons for skin inflammation:
- Dry Skin and Delicate Skin that Cracks
- Immune System Dysfunction
- Environmental Conditions
- Sensitive to Nourishments, Beauty Products, or Clothing Cleansers
- Chronic Stress
- Temperature Changes
Some food allergies can develop over some time, so regardless of whether you believe or not, you may already adversely affected by specific sustenance.
Try to reduce the intake of soy, peanuts, wheat, tree nuts, shellfish, eggs, and any counterfeit sustenance colorings or added substances from your eating routine.
You can dispense with them one by one, in turn, to see which one is causing the bothering.
Take notes on how you feel after dinners amid this procedure.
It is clear that you are over-sensitive to at least one of these nourishments.
Up till now, the Medical Community still can’t seem to decide a complete reason for Eczema.
For a few, it might happen because of a nutritional deficiency, while for others, it might first emerge because of an allergen or other aggravation.
Causes Of Eczema
The most common form of eczema is atopic dermatitis.
The doctors do not exactly confirm the reasons for the cause of eczema.
Sometimes the symptoms are worse, and eczema in infants or children appears in the form of allergic reactions.
What does eczema look like?
Its appearance may vary in some cases it is mild in form, and in some, it looks dry and flaky.
It makes your skin looks ooze and cracky.
The signs of eczema caused by the list of other factors.
- Genetic factors
- The improper functioning of the immune system
- Environment factors
- Skin ailments or defects
Symptoms of Eczema
While many people will encounter a reducing of side effects and fewer flares as they age, some will keep on experiencing skin inflammation all through adulthood, for instance, atopic eczema rashes.
Indications can go from mellow to an extreme level, and change starting with one episode then onto the next.
Basic indications include:
- The presence of little, raised knocks which may overflow fluid and build up an outside layer.
- Thick, dry, flaky skin that breaks.
- Red, dark coloured or greyish patches of skin on hands, feet, lower legs, wrists, neck, upper chest, eyelids, in skin folds, and on the face and scalp of newborn children.
- A swollen skin that is delicate and crude from scratching.
- A repeating rash that causes tingling, frequently disturbing sleep patterns are signs of eczema and dermatitis infection.
12 Useful Home Remedies For Eczema
- Tea Tree Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Indian Lilac
- Witch Hazel
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Licorice Root
- Chamomile Bath
- Cornstarch and Oil
1. Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil contains skin healing properties.
Its origin is in Australia and used for almost 100 years and considered most popular home remedies for eczema related problems.
Its reducing inflammation and antiseptic properties help reduces the itchiness, and skin irritation.
It is considered to be the best healing oil for treating eczema.
The Oil is beneficial for:
- Soothing Skin Irritations
- Improve Skin Inflammation to treat Psoriasis and Eczema
- Treat Acne and other Skin Conditions
Tips to Apply Oil:
- Rub a mixture of 20 drops of Tea Tree Oil and a half cup of Coconut Oil to your dry skin or Psoriasis patches.
- In mild case gently apply it several times a day.
You can also get a bath if you are suffering from eczema in various places throughout your body.
Add 15 drops of Tea Tree Oil and two spoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil or Almond Oil to the water and soak for about 20 minutes.
Your water is ready to take a bath.
You can also read about Tea Tree Oil for Warts – Natural Wart Removal
2. Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil for eczema is a natural ingredient beneficial for skin irritation problems.
It contains analgesic properties that reduce the risk of skin infections and treats red, swollen, and itchy skin.
Based on some study, patients who used coconut oil gets excellent results to treat eczema.
It is more effective than mineral oils in treating many cases of atopic dermatitis.
Coconut Oil for eczema helps the skin to keep from drying out and is the safest home remedies for eczema.
One can apply its Oil or Coconut Lotion many time a dry to get relief from the itchiness and skin irritations.
3. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera is a cactus-like plant that produces a gelatinous substance in its leaves known as Aloe Vera Gel.
It contains nutrients, vitamins and many minerals that gives relief from rashes, psoriasis, eczema infections.
The Gel substance gives relief from burning, nourishes and hydrate the skin, reduces itchiness and irritation.
This Gel is organic and provides natural benefits for natural eczema treatment.
Gently apply Aloe Vera Gel on the eczematous skin to heal it quickly.
If you don’t have Aloe Vera Gel then do the following steps:
- Cut Aloe Vera Leaves into two and extract its Gel.
- Add Vitamin E Oil to gel and mix it well.
- Dab it on the affected area and apply it for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it with warm water.
- Apply it two times a day for three weeks to get better results.
You can also read about How to Get Rid of Acne Scars?
Turmeric is an ayurvedic and medicinal ingredient for natural eczema treatment.
It helps reduces eczema, irritation, and inflammation.
The active curcumin compound in turmeric contains anti-allergic and anti-microbial properties.
Treatment for Eczema:
- Mix one and half spoon of Turmeric Powder with one spoon of Milk.
- Make a smooth paste and apply it on eczema patches.
- Leave until it gets dry completely.
For better results repeat this treatment two times a day for at least two months.
One can use Turmeric Powder with Water, Apple Cider Vinegar, Indian Lilac, and Aloe Vera Gel.
Honey has anti-allergic and anti-microbial properties that help to heal eczema problems.
It contains anti-bacterial properties, and natural cleanser is the best cure for eczema.
One can massage it on the affected area to remove dirt and irritations.
You can use Honey with other natural juices like Lemon, Apple Cider Vinegar to cure skin infections.
To make its paste with Cinnamon:
- Mix two spoons of Cinnamon Powder with the same quantity of Honey.
- Apply it on the affected area.
- Wash it after 20 minutes.
It helps clear the redness and itchiness on the skin.
6. Indian Lilac
Indian Lilac is called as Neem, and Neem Tree.
This medicinal herb grows in tropical and semi-tropical regions, and many parts of the world.
According to Study, Neem Leaves are an effective remedy that helps to treat atopic dermatitis.
Its anti-bacterial properties are helpful in treating infections and skin problems.
Turmeric combined with a paste of Neem Leaves used for itchiness, eczema and other skin ailments.
Neem is the most effective herbal remedy for eczema treatment.
To make its paste:
- Take one tablespoon of Turmeric Powder and crushed Neem Leaves.
- Mix it with one teaspoon of Sesame Oil and two drops of Neem.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix it well.
- Apply it on the affected area and let it dry, then wash it with warm water.
Use this remedy once a day to reduce eczema infections.
7. Witch Hazel
Witch Hazel is the best cure for eczema infections.
Hazel contains significant astringent and antiseptic properties that help reduces inflammation.
It is herbal and natural home remedies for eczema that is popular in North America.
Its chemical compounds and reducing inflammation properties help cure skin related problems.
It helps to reduce swelling, repair broken skin, and even fight bacteria.
To make its paste:
- Boil a cup of water and one tablespoon of Witch Hazel herb.
- Simmer it for 20 minutes.
- After that strain the mixture and apply its tea to the affected areas.
- Rinse it with water after 15 minutes.
For better results apply it twice a day for a week.
Horsetail is one of the best natural treatment for eczema.
Its natural herb is the best cure for eczema and all types of skin disorders.
The reducing inflammation properties of this herb help get to ease the itchiness and pain on the rash skin.
This medicinal herb is also used by ancient people to treat health and skin issues.
This herb is used to relieve itching, strength tone and texture of the skin, reduces inflammation related with eczema.
To use Horsetail:
- Boil water in a pot and put some dried Horsetail Leaves to it.
- Boil it for 15 minutes.
- Let the water cool and then place a towel in the water.
- Wring the towel.
- Cover the affected area with the towel for ten minutes.
- Repeat it three times a day until eczema gets healed.
9. Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender Essential Oil is helpful in treating skin disorders, acne pain, anxiety, and stress.
Its antiseptic, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties reduce mild cases of eczema.
It is one of the most effective home remedies for eczema efficient in relieving eczema symptoms.
To use it do the following steps:
- Mix 10 drops of Lavender Oil and one tablespoon of Coconut Oil.
- Make a solution and apply it to the affected areas.
- Repeat this process two times a day to get better results.
You can also read about Essential Oils for Pink Eye: Natural Home Remedies
10. Licorice Root
Licorice or Glycyrrhiza Glabra is a herbal plant useful for natural eczema treatment.
It is useful for fighting eczema and skin disorders.
Licorice is a natural remedy for skin irritation and helps soothe and hydrate the skin.
To use Licorice Roots:
- Mix 4 drops of Licorice Extracts and one tablespoon of Coconut Oil.
- Apply and massage the solution to the affected area.
- Repeat it many times a week to get benefits.
11. Chamomile Bath
Chamomile Bath is the best cure for eczema infections.
It helps reduces the inflammation, soothe itchiness and heal overly scratched skin and irritations.
Chamomile anti-microbial properties help ease irritations and boost skin revitalize.
One can drink Chamomile drink and use it for a bath.
To make it you need to do the following:
- Place the five teaspoons of dried (German) Chamomile Flower in cheesecloth or muslin and tie off.
- Fill the tub part way and tie the bag, so that bath water runs directly over it.
- You can drop the bag directly in the tub when its full.
12. Cornstarch and Oil
Cornstarch is carbohydrate consists of little amounts of sodium, cholesterol, and condensed fat.
Its paste is one of the best natural treatment for eczema.
Its thick consistency is helpful for moisturizing skin needs in the case of eczema.
To make the paste:
- Mix Cornstarch with Olive Oil, Baking Soda or Baby Powder to smoothen its consistency.
- The paste neither should be thick, nor thin like water.
- Apply it for 20 minutes to the affected areas.
- Rinse it with warm water and pat it dry with a clean towel.
- After that apply regular moisturizer if needed.
Food Diets to Follow to Treat Eczema or Dermatitis
The Oatmeal Grains are a gluten-free and healthy source of, vitamin, magnesium and low in fiber.
It is helpful in keeping skin moisturized to deal with eczema.
The consumption of Oatmeal provides relief from skin related disease.
Its active compounds possess moisturizing, soothing and protective properties.
- It gives relief from Eczema.
- Protects and keep skin soft.
In case of mild rashes, an Oatmeal bath is most suitable to get rid of baby eczema.
Yoghurt is a healthy source of iodine, calcium, and protein filled with probiotics.
It is helpful to get relieved from skin diseases like eczema.
According to study, consumption of Yoghurt reduces the symptom of eczema within three months of its treatment.
Three bowls of Yoghurt a day with fresh slices of Strawberries reduces the risk of eczema and other skin allergies.
3. Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Omega 3 Fatty Acids such as salmon fish are the best cure for eczema.
It plays a vital role in the treatment of medical conditions such as eczema and skin infection.
According to Norwegian Institute of Science and Technology, eating fish regularly can reduce the risk of eczema.
4. Fish Oil Supplements
Fish Oil is rich in N-6 and N-3 fatty acids for eczema treatment.
It helps to reduce skin inflammation and irritation, and alleviate the dry skin.
Fish supplements consumption maintain normal skin functioning.
One must also consult the doctor for taking supplements.
You can consume it in the liquid form and capsules.
If you are using it as a liquid, add orange juice to it improves its flavor.