In today’s gadget world, kids spend most of their time playing indoors with gadgets and electronics.
Kids health is important in the initial years to maintain total balance.
Their favorite activity might be watching cartoons and playing games that reduce physical activity.
Many therapists and teachers recommend core strengthening exercises for maintaining kids health.
In the growing years of kids, parents must teach the importance of exercises to maintain body strength and overall balance.
Strengthening Exercises helps to build healthy muscles and enhances endurance and performance.
You can teach them exercises in fun ways to encourage them to adopt healthy exercising habits.
The positive parenting tips help kids to grow with proper care and nutrition.
Fun Exercises for Kids to Maintain Kids Overall Health
Swimming is the best exercise and cardio that provides benefits to kids health.
It is a fun activity for kids that encourages both physical and mental health.
In summers it keeps the mind and body cool and helps to reduce weight.
Benefits of Exercise for Kids:
- It helps to promote heart and lung health.
- It helps to improve the posture, balance, and flexibility.
- Swimming is the best way to prevent obesity.
- It builds strength and also aid digestion.
- It helps to gain valuable experience and gives kids safety from drowning.
- It will make them strong and energetic.
- It helps to improve mental and emotional health.
- It helps to combat depression and keeps a happy mood.
2. Roller Skating
Roller Skating is not only the best exercise for kids but also provides fun and frolic with learning.
When performing together with kids, it can be a perfect family time for parents and kids as a family.
Skating movements are similar as jogging, dancing or running that is good for reducing body fat and leg strengthening.
It is fun, elevates mood and helps to burn those extra calories faster.
According to the American Heart Association, Skating is an aerobic exercise that strengthens the heart.
Benefits of Exercise for Kids:
- It helps to strengthen your legs muscles.
- Skating helps to build muscles strength and work on the arms and glutes.
- Kids will develop the quality of stability and patience with its constant practice.
- It helps to improve balance and coordination.
- It is an intensive workout and helps to reduce weight faster.
Skating provides many benefits for maintaining kids total health and also prevent many injuries.
Cycling is a nature friendly transport and also the best sports for kids.
It provides remarkable health benefits for adults and kids as well.
You can go out biking early in the morning with kids. It will not only maintain health but will also boost your family bond.
Kids love Cycling, and it keeps them fit and healthy, and protect from many diseases.
Benefits of Exercise for Kids Health:
- It helps lowers the blood pressure and cholesterol level.
- It is an effective way to burn calories.
- Cycling help develops travel habits and breathes in fresh air.
- It keeps kids active and curbs teenage obesity.
- It helps to elevate good hormones and keep mood happy.
- Biking helps to build strength and keeps muscles strong.
- It helps to relax the muscles and boost productivity.
Trekking is a fun way to teach kids the value of exercises and help to connect with nature.
It is the best way to connect them with surroundings so that they will feel enriched and energetic.
Take them to a nearby pond, lake, hilly areas and trek with them.
It could be birds watching, stone gathering, watching beautiful scenery.
It will keep them engaged with things, and enhance their mental wellbeing.
Benefit of Trekking for Kids:
- It helps them to connect with nature.
- It helps them to communicate and understand the outside world.
- Trekking is a great exercise to engage them in walking and improve stamina.
- It improves the breathing and strengthens the muscles.
- It helps you to communicate with each other and strengthen family ties.
5. Squats and Lunges
Cardiovascular exercises such as squats and lunges provide many benefits for children and enhance their self-confidence.
These lower body workouts strengthen their stamina power and keep them active.
Benefits of Exercise for Kids:
- It helps to strengthen their bones and muscles.
- It builds self-confidence in them and increases endurance.
- Boost their energy power.
Steps to do Squats:
Squats help to build quads, glutes, and hamstrings and strengthen the lower back.
- Stand with your feet and hips width apart, put your shoulder at a distance.
- Bend your knees and squat your butt back and down.
- Come back to the position with a straight jump in the air and land back down in the squats with knees bend.
Steps to do Lunges Exercise:
Lunges are easy to perform, and kids can do it in a fun way.
It helps to maintain balance and improves lower body movements.
- Put your right foot forward and bend down, and stand with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Touch your left back knee to the floor.
- Keep muscles and stomach tight and back straight.
- Slowly touch the left knee to the ground and come back to standing position.
- Repeat this with left leg forward and right back knee bend to the floor.
It is advisable to perform these exercises with an adult or else with a trainer.
6. Stretching Exercises
Stretching Exercises for kids is necessary for warm up before exercising and after workouts.
Warm up for 10 to 15 minutes helps to prepare the body for exercise both physically and mentally.
It helps to prevent injuries and keeps muscles active, and fun to play with kids.
Benefits of Stretching for Kids Development:
- It helps to relax the muscles and reduces the risk of injuries.
- It helps to increase flexibility and improve performance.
- Stretching gives your muscles a good stretch and enhances stability.
- It maintains kids heart health.
7. Stretching Exercises for Kids
Exercise No. 1: Child Pose
- Tell your kid to sit on a mat, kneel down knees and toes touching each other.
- Now bend over and place your forehead on the mat and stretch the arms forward along with the head position.
- Stay in the position and slowly inhale and exhale to 3 to 5 breaths.
Exercise No. 2: Warrior II Pose
- Take a standing position and slowly inhale and exhale.
- Extend your legs in a lunge position, step your left foot back and straighten and extend it.
- Point your right foot in front of you and bend your right knee.
- Stretch your right arm straight over the right leg, and left arm straight over the left leg.
- Relax your shoulders and exhale and inhale for a few counts.
- Repeat it with left leg forward and relax.
These exercises help to build endurance, strength, and willpower in kids and keeps them active.
Plank is the best core strengthening for kids and strengthens muscles.
According to the recent study, Kids who get core training can lose fat in three to four months and build strength up to 50%.
It helps them to keep active, and they are less likely to get injuries.
Benefits of Stretching for Kids:
- It helps to build core muscles.
- It helps to improve your posture.
- Plank is useful to stretch the lower body, abs, and spine.
- You can quickly reduce your belly fat with constant practice of plank.
- It improves coordination and increases your metabolism level.
- It helps to de-stress and remove tension from the muscles.
- Reduces the risk of back and spine injuries.
How to do a Plank?
- Lie down on the mat, and put your elbows on the floor.
- Lift your chest off the ground and raise up on the tips of your toes.
- Try to keep your back straight and tighten your abs in line.
- Hold the position for at least 30 seconds. If you are a beginner, then hold the plank for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Rest for few seconds then start the move again. Don’t forget to breathe in and out while doing a plank.
9. Skipping or Jump Ropes
Kids age is full of fun, entertainment and playing exciting games with friends.
It can be more mindful and healthy in the form of exercises and cardio workouts.
Kids are full of energy and need to teach the benefits of skipping for their excellent health.
According to the American Heart Association, It boosts heart health, reduces stress and increases kids performance in the academics.
Benefits of Skipping Exercise for Kids:
- It improves your heart rate and builds stamina.
- It helps to stimulate optimism bone mass in the developing bodies and maintain healthy bones.
- Jumping improves the concentration level and academics achievements.
- It helps to increase the blood flow of the brain.
- It helps to tone up lower and upper muscles of the body.
- Skipping is a full body workout and supports weight loss.
- It helps to maintain balance and coordination.
Skipping is the intensive and inexpensive cardio workout that helps to maintain overall health.
10. Climbing Stairs
Climbing Stairs are the proven best strength training for kids and provide fruitful results for the kids’ mind and body.
It is an ideal way to improve kids health and boost them with positive energy.
It enhances the blood flow in the body and with regular movements strengthen kids legs and hips.
Climbing is a form of cardio that lifts your entire body and strengthens legs muscles.
Benefits of Climbing Stairs:
- It helps to burn extra calories as compared to jogging.
- It helps to improve heart rate and blood flow in the body.
- Climbing helps to develop your immune system and lowers the risk of high blood pressure.
- It builds stamina and concentration power.
- It helps to stay fit and active.
Tips to do climbing for kids
- Place a step stool, against the surface. Ask your child to step on it, turn around and step down.
- Repeat it for a few seconds. It is the best activity before practicing at the staircase.
- The other way is to do the bicycle kicks, Let the child lie on their back and hold their ankles.
- Move their legs forward and backward as if paddling the bicycle.
It helps to bring body awareness, strengthen the legs and abdominal muscles.
11. Running Games
Running can be fun and mind-boggling if done with a combination of many games.
It is the best activity for kids and that with strength training.
It is the great way to engage your kids in exercises and still can be fun.
Benefits of Running Games for Kids Health
- It helps to maintain a healthy heart.
- It helps to strengthen and tone up the muscles.
- Running keeps your kids fit, active and burns fat faster.
- It helps to develop an interest in sports activities.
Kids can play running games such as Hide and Seek, Scavenger Hunt, Pony Express and other different games.
It will enhance their mental health as well as emotional health.
Dancing is the fun activity for kids that gives equal benefits same as in running, jogging and strength exercises.
It is the excellent way to reduce stress and maintain hormonal balance.
And a good way to get physically active, and increase your child’s flexibility.
Dancing is an attractive way to maintain emotional balance, physical strength, and overall balance.
Benefits of Dancing:
- It helps to improve cardiovascular health.
- It is a form of aerobic exercise that increases balance and coordination.
- Dancing helps to develop kids communicating and social skills.
- It helps to improve self-esteem and confidence.
- It brings a positive attitude in the kids and explores himself.
Dancing a realistic way to foster creativity, increases active lifestyle and helps to improve behavioral issues.
Parents must encourage their kids to develop this habit and maintaining overall health and balance.
Kids must indulge in many active and fun creating activities helpful in their growing years.
It will not only keeps them healthy but also maintains total balance and strength.
Exercises can be fun, develop emotional, mental and physical strength and encourages a healthy lifestyle.
According to study, Initial years of growth is very crucial and helpful for developing overall personality of kids.
It helps to improve their self-esteem, build confidence in them and boost their academics.
Every parent must teach their child the importance of exercise and its value in life.