Cardio is an effective way to burn out those extra calories from your body, and the best part is you can perform it either at gym or home.
Cardio for weight loss is the strengthening exercises that increase heart rate and metabolism which are crucial elements of weight loss.
To lose weight, Body needs to burn calories more than we eat.
The form of cardio includes walking, jogging, sprinting, and many other exercises that help to shed calories.
Best Cardio Workout for Weight Loss
Cardio is workouts and exercises regime that help to loose fat and burn calories from the body.
If you are a beginner, then start with 20 minutes of cardio workouts a day and increase the duration and intensity with time.
Good cardio provides many benefits but overdoing it may lead to slower metabolism, knees pain or aches.
Here are many weight loss exercises for maintaining overall health and lose weight.
Jogging is an ideal way and best cardio workouts to burn fat and shed extra calories. It is a form of running at a slow pace and helps to increase endurance.
Jogging tends to burn more calories than most other forms of cardio workouts.
Effective Tips on Cardio Workouts for Fat Loss
- Set your weight loss goals and keep track of your weight each week.
- Follow the daily routine of jogging for almost 20 to 30 minutes.
- Gradually improve the intensity by running faster and burning more calorie.
- Jog on a slanted area, or run up to the hill to add intensity.
It helps to strengthen your legs and burn those extra pounds.
You can jog at a place or else in a park, open area or hilly area.
If you feel severe pain while jogging or running, it’s better to take rest.
You can also read about 12 Remarkable Benefits of Cardio Workout
2. Jumping Ropes or Skipping
Jumping Ropes is an excellent form of cardio workouts that help reduce a ton of calories.
It is the best fat burning cardio and helps to tone muscles, gives definition to calves and shoulders, and enhance footwork.
This aerobic method helps to burn as much as 500 calories in around 30 minutes.
Benefits of Jumping Ropes:
- It helps to strengthen the body and bring coordination.
- It improves speed, strengthens shoulders and builds stamina.
- Jumping burns a high amount of calories from the body.
- It helps to strengthen the upper and lower body.
Steps to do Ropes
- You can jump the rope in small sets say 50 ropes per set.
- The best way is to do fast and slow jumps alternatively to keep you intact.
- Jump for a minute, take rest for 20 to 30 seconds then do another set.
- Repeat this exercise many times to reduce overall weight.
You can also read about 8 Best Cardio Workouts To Do At Home
Cycling is the best cardio to lose weight fast, improves health and fitness.
It helps to reduce body fat, belly fat and enhances the intensity level.
According to study, On average cycling can burn up to 372 calories at less than 10 mph, and around 745 calories at 20 mph.
It helps to strengthen lower muscles and does not help much in upper body workout.
You can do cycling outdoors rather than in gyms and enhance the intensity with regular cycling.
If you do not have to go out, you can do cycling on a stationary bike that remains at a steady state in one place.
Benefits of Cycling:
- It helps to achieve your weight loss goals and burn calories by increasing the heart rate.
- It enhances overall fitness, endurance, strengthens leg muscles such as the quadriceps, hamstrings, and calves.
- Paddling has a low impact and takes the weight of the body to strip body fat.
- It helps to burn 600 calories per hour.
- It helps get heart and lungs stronger and provides oxygen to the body.
Do cycling for 30 minutes, two times a week.
4. Stair Climber
Stair Climbing is useful cardio for fat loss and the best way to burn extra calories.
It is the best weight training exercise that not only burn numbers of calories but also maintain fitness levels.
At a moderate level, it helps to burn 500-600 calories.
The best part is that you do not need to go to the gym to perform this cardio and do this at home with ease.
- It helps to improve your cardiovascular stamina.
- It strengthens your muscles tones and lower body muscles.
- Stair climbing helps to improve your bone density.
- It strengthens your abdominals and lower back muscles.
Stair Climbing Cardio to Lose Weight Fast
- Slowly climb to upstairs and come down for 45 to 50 seconds.
- If you are a beginner, you can start by slowly climbing up and then down for ten seconds.
- Double the step for 25 seconds.
- In between slow down the speed and gradually increase it.
- Do it 10 to 15 rounds or depending upon your stamina.
Swimming almost works on every muscle and part of the body, tones up, and brings you back in shape.
It put little stress on the body and works on all the major muscles of the body.
Swimming combines with aerobics helps to reduce weight faster and shed extra pounds.
- It helps to maintain your cardiovascular health.
- It is a constant resistance exercise that enhances upper body strength.
- Swimming is relaxing cardio and strengthens muscles tissues.
Tips on getting it started
- Check out at the local or nearby pool and set time according to your comfort.
- Do warm up and stretching exercises before swimming. It will make your muscles flexible.
- Doing leg stretching will helps to improve form, do swimming with the help of an instructor.
- Start with swimming a few lengths or laps and built up distance each week.
- Take a break after a few laps and then repeat it.
- Gradually decrease each session of this break until you can cut them out and swim nonstop.
6. High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
HIIT is an intensive aerobic and cardio for weight loss, that burns tons of fat and calories.
It is a short and hard workout that kicks or paces up the intensity of your cardio.
According to Healthline, It burns 25–30% more calories than the other forms of exercise.
- It helps burn lots of calories in a short amount of time.
- It increases the metabolism rate for hours after exercise.
- The high-intensity workouts are challenging and help to reduce more fat.
- It helps to build a healthier heart.
- It improves the oxygen level of the body and reduces heart rate and blood pressure.
HIIT Cardio for Weight Loss
- Take any exercise like cycling, sprinting, or jumping jack the idea is to work hard, take a break and again work hard.
- Start with warm up for 5 minutes, then increase the speed for another 5 minutes.
- Take a break, sprint out as fast as you can for 30 seconds.
- In the next set reduce the speed and continue with the workout.
- Take a break and increase the speed gradually.
- Repeat this process, divided into many sets for 30 minutes.
Sprinting is a high-intensity aerobic exercise for athletes, and it paces up your metabolism rate.
It is the dynamic version of running and best cardio for weight loss that provides endurance.
Sprinters have the same level of cardiovascular fitness as distance runners and an effective alternative to reduce fat.
It cardio exercises include maximum intensity and long duration sprints that improves your muscles.
- It helps to improve aerobic endurance.
- It burns a lot of fat during exercise at lower intensities and more carbohydrate for energy at a higher intensity.
- Sprinting helps to build up muscles and maintains a healthy heart.
Sprinting Cardio for Weight Loss
- Warm up to stretch your muscles, walk or run for 10 minutes and include dynamic exercises like high knees or butt kickers to prepare your body to run faster.
- Relax your shoulders and away from your ears, keep your torso upright and engage your cores.
- Move your feet in a circular motion like cycling, raise your thighs up until they are parallel to the round. Drive your knees up and down.
- Land on your forefoot and focus on pushing off from toes to move forward, keep your feet flexed up towards your shin.
- To create momentum drive the elbows backward, hold your arms in a bend position.
- Take short and quick strides to run faster.
- Bring your heels up towards butt as you push off from the forefoot and toes.
Kickboxing is a total body workout that engages all the muscles and includes high intensity intervals.
Unlike other exercises like cycling or running, it hits the core muscles hard and workout on overall body.
It is the best cardio for weight loss and burns lots of fat and calorie.
- It helps to reduce stress with kickboxing routine.
- It helps to release endorphins that boost positivity and confidence level.
- Kickboxing helps to bring coordination and strengthen your core.
- It helps to improve the metabolism rate by burning lots of calories.
- Its strength training workouts help to improve posture and enhance energy levels.
- It is the best cardio for weight loss.
Kickboxing Cardio Workouts to Burn Fat
These basic punches work the upper muscles and core of the body and develop endurance.
- Cross: Stand with right foot forward and rotate with your left foot, knee, hip and shoulder. Twist the forearm that faces down, put left foot forward, and cross with your right arm.
- Jab: Put your right foot forward and rotate your right hip. Expand your right arm as you twist your forearm so that palm faces the ground. Put your left foot forward in to throw a jab with your left hand.
- Upper Cut: put your left foot forward and drop your right arm, and rotate your hips to the left. Make punch with a right fist up with while facing your palm.
Hiking is a cost-effective and engaging activity every person would love to do it.
It is better than a gym, reduces stress level, improves muscular fitness and reduces weight.
- It helps to boost mental and physical fitness.
- It works on your muscles and cardio fitness.
- Hiking helps to relieve stress and anxiety level.
- It helps to shed your extra pound.
- It brings balance to the body and works on the core muscles.
Steps to Do Hiking & Cardio to Lose Weight Fast
- Start with choosing comfortable shoes and select the area where you want to hike.
- Bring lots of water to stay hydrated, and a backpack with an energy-boosting snack, map, compass, knife, matches or lighter, flashlight and extra clothes.
- You can start hiking with friends, group, and family.
- Do warm-up exercises before hiking, take small breaks in between and drink water to stay hydrated.
10. Core Power Yoga
Yoga is considered to be the best cardio for weight loss as it focuses on mind, body, and soul.
It helps you to get in shape, improves stamina, strength, endurance, and reduces stress and anxiety level.
Core power yoga strengthens the abdomen, hips, pelvis, and back and enhances concentration.
Benefits of Power Yoga:
- It empowers your mind, body, and soul and gives strength to the body.
- It keeps you physically and mentally fit and reduces stress level.
- Its postures help to tones up your muscles.
- It helps to burn out a large chunk of calories.
- It boosts your metabolism level and keeps you relaxed and calm.
Power Yoga Cardio for Weight Loss
- Plank: It helps to strengthen your core and increase the intensity level. It stretches your back, abs and strengthens your deep inner core.
- Surya Namaskar: Sun Salutations comprises a series of 12 different yoga poses that focus on various parts of the body. It keeps your body active, manages weight and reduces stress and anxiety level.
- Warrior Poses: It works on your legs, thighs, back, and arms. It helps to circulate blood and improves posture.
- Upward Plank: It helps to reduce weight faster. It strengthens your core and legs, back, shoulders, spine, hips, arms, shoulder, and muscles.
You can also read about 17 Surprising Health Benefits of Yoga
Basketball is a useful way to burn calories and improves coordination and strengthens your muscles.
It helps to shed 600 – 700 calories while playing basketball for about an hour.
It tones up your muscles and best cardio for weight loss and burns calories faster.
Playing basketball include running, shooting, dribbling and passing that requires movement of your all muscles.
It also helps you bring coordination, balance, and endurance with self-discipline.