Being a parent, a child needs proper care, nutrition, guidance, protection, and nourishment.
Positive Parenting Tips help a child to get proper guidance during their growing period.
Parents need to prepare their child and give upbringing for their bright future and help them during their growing period.
Positive Parenting Tips to raise a child includes:
- Teaching Positive Discipline
- Build a Strong Bond
- Build Communication Skills
- Be a Support System for Your Child
- Bring Positive Attitude
- Teach them Problem Solving
- Boost Confidence
Raise children with utmost care, love, empathy and at the same time taught them discipline and values.
It is not an easy task for parents but can be possible with these tips and with patience, love, and care.
Parental Guidance and Tips on How to be a Good Parent
- Spend Quality Time with Your Child
- Bring Out the Best in Your Child
- Understand your Child Behaviour
- Plan a Proper Routine for Kids
- Teach Your Kids to be Problem Solver
- Imbibe Positivity and Honesty
- Build Your Kid High Self Esteem
- Positive Reinforcement
- Foster Them with Great Values
- Parents Anger Management
1. Spend Quality Time with Your Child
A child needs most of the time of their parents to learn and develop new things in life. It is parents who can give protection, values, knowledge, and upbringing.
Parents need to understand the fact that your child relies on you and requires your guidance.
Kids need proper attention, and emotional connection, many parents don’t give their time to children.
When you do not give them attention, they will do unexpected things.
Such as watching too much TV, mobile, and video games or may develop bad habits.
Maybe you are too exhausted with your job or work, don’t have time to spend with kids.
The best way is to save your little time to do small things.
For instance, rather than watching news talk to your kids or watch TV together or shows on the family comedy. Eat dinner together, take time to help them out with their homework.
How to be a good parent?
- Play favorite games of your kids together. It is the perfect way to create the bond between kids and you.
- You can go out for a walk with your kids, enjoy nature and do talks or exercises together.
- You can cook together and fix small households things together.
- Let your child take the lead and follow them. It will help to boost their confidence and build a connection.
- Moms can cook with their kids together to spend extra time with kids.
- You can also go for a family movie together.
2. Bring Out the Best in Your Child
For your child, you are the foremost teacher, and they will learn what you teach and how you behave about things.
The positive parenting tool includes improving child behavior and brings proper child development.
Your intellectual and emotional development with kids is most important rather than buying expensive clothes or toys.
If you show politeness or aggressiveness, they will do the same or vice versa.
Spend most of your time with kids, teach things with playing and working on things together.
Some Positive Parenting Techniques
- Prepare your child for upcoming events by talking to them and enhancing their life skills.
- Teach them about eating healthy foods and exercising habits.
- Let them lead to small things to help them boost their confidence level.
- Be open with your child, let them draw their imaginations, follow their lead, teach them to read books. All these things help you to bring out the best in them and helps you to find out their way of thinking.
3. Understand your Child Behaviour
Your child’s behaviour says a lot about their feeling, emotions and what they think and what they want.
Positive parenting discipline includes knowing kids, imbibe them with values and rules, and fulfilling their emotional needs.
Parenting often misinterprets the child’s abilities, skills, and knowledge.
Lack of awareness about child psychology and development leads to poor judgment of children, in turn leading to poor parenting decisions.
It is crucial for parents to know child psychology and development so that they can contribute to their emotional and mental growth.
You can also read about 11 Remarkable Tips to Deal with a Strong Willed Child
Positive parenting tips and understanding child behaviour
- Observe: Observe their behaviour, actions, expressions and their doings. Stop comparing them to others as every child has a unique quality. What they eat, how they behave in doing things, what they like the most. These behaviours will help you to understand them better.
- Spend Quality Time with Kids: Take some time from your busy schedule to know more about your kids. Talk to them, play with them to know their psychology.
Ask them how they spend a day at their school, what’s their favorite cartoon or games.
It will help you to know a lot more about their behaviour and establish a bond.
- Pay Attention: Your child needs your attention and help in their growth years. Give your love, support and time to helps each other grow together.
4. Plan a Proper Routine for Kids
Positive Parenting Tips involves teaching your kids the value of routine and deal with the challenging times.
A child needs routine as it gives them a sense of security, and helps them develop discipline.
It gives them security, set their framework and they will become more confident.
How to discipline a child with routine and discipline
- A proper schedule gives your child ample time to play, eat, sleep and do homework on time.
- Routine helps to develop healthy habits like washing their hands before eating, off to bed early, exercises, brushing teeth or waking up early.
- It also helps to strengthen the relationship between kids and parents.
Basic routine for children
- Teach them to take their meals each day at the same time and together with family.
- Set bedtime routines and teach them to sleep daily at a particular time and schedule.
- Parents need to be consistent with the daily timetable but do not be too strict with kids.
You can also read about Best Child Care Hacks for Working Moms
5. Teach Your Kids to be Problem Solver
As per many educators, Problem-solving is the primary foundation of the child’s learning capacity.
Problem-solving skills helps kids to manage their life and deal with problems.
It will help them to identify their problems and solve them automatically.
Being a good parent, you need to teach problem-solving skills from preschools and help kids to sharpen their skills.
Positive parenting tips to teach problem solving skills
- Teach them to identify their problems and let them focus on it on their own.
For instance, their grades in school are not improving, help them to understand where they are lacking and to work on weak areas.
- Let them brainstorm to find possible solutions. No matter the idea is silly, let them think of many ideas and find ways to get possible solutions to their problems.
- Evaluate their solutions and guide them, about the pros and cons of the solutions. Your guidance will help them to see things according to a different point of view.
- Encourage them to pick a solution when they have evaluates the positive and negative outcomes.
- Try a solution and let them see what happens.
6. Imbibe Positivity and Honesty
During the learning process of the children, parental guidance is essential.
Parents need to teach their child the value of truth and honesty.
It will come to them when you speak truth to them some parents tend to lie in front of kids to get out of the situation.
They will learn what they observe and see values in their parents.
Positive parenting tips to teach them positivity and honesty
- When your child speaks the truth, it will enforce them with positive behaviour and self-confidence. Do not scold them when they speak the truth, appreciate them and let them learn from their mistakes.
- Teach them about wrong and right, and not to support wrong deeds.
- Mistakes are a part of the learning process, helps kids to correct the mistakes and learn from it.
7. Build Your Kid High Self Esteem
Your kids will learn what they see through your eyes whether its values, beliefs or ideas.
No matter what you say they will absorb them and your every reaction helps them to develop their self-esteem.
When you praise them for their achievement, it brings the sense of positivity and develops their self-esteem.
Positive parenting tips and boosting self-confidence
- Appreciate your kids for their efforts and accomplishments. Do not discourage them when they fail and boost their confidence.
- Try not to scold, bribe, punish your kids to control their behaviour.
8. Positive Reinforcement
It is the most effective behaviour technique to help change your child misbehaviour.
Children often misbehave or refuse to follow the directions. In that case, instead of scolding them, you can use positive reinforcement to control their behaviours.
It helps to encourage your child to be responsible and do their work without arguing and misbehaving.
Reward your kids for their good behaviour, and it will help them to stay motivated and work hard.
Positive parenting tips include:
- Reward them with hugs, high five, by cheering or clapping and praising for their positive behaviour and excellent efforts.
- When your child behaves badly, tackle them with patience and love, do not shout or showing aggression.
- Encourage them to develop positive behaviour and develop manners.
For instance, playing nicely with siblings and deal with tough situations with genuine efforts.
9. Foster Them with Great Values
Children are like wet clay and easily gets mold in any shape. They quickly absorb their parent’s behaviour or senses.
It is a responsibility of parents to teach them with values, truth, ethics or morals.
In this age of adolescence, they will absorb what you will feed them, whether it’s good or bad.
Today’s children are very active and smart, gets mature and lose their innocence at early.
Parents must teach their kids basic values to survive.
Positive Parenting Tips and Values
- Teach them to respect their elders, parents and to those who are not equal. For that spouse must respect each other and their child, when you show respect your child learns the same behaviour.
- In kids adolescence, they know no lies, when they start to grow they enter the world of lies. They speak lies when they hide things, fearing to tell their mistakes.
In that case, it is necessary to tell them the importance of truth and honesty and help them to nurture truth and positivity.
- Manners and self-discipline come with teaching the right attitude. You will follow the rules your kids will automatically follow the rules and discipline. Also, teach your kids to be polite to others.
- Teach your kids the value of love, compassion, sharing and to take responsibility for their actions.
10. Parents Anger Management
Anger is the part of human emotion and its normal to feel angry when you are a parent.
Dealing with kids is not an easy task and may lead you to some difficult and annoying situations.
Anger is not bad, but when it comes to tackling kids, it is good to learn some anger management techniques.
It’s better to treat them with politeness, positivity and set the best example for children.
Positive parenting tips to be a good parent
- When you encounter moments when you are losing temper, come out of the room and try to calm down.
- The best way to handle anger is to understand them and try to avoid it when with kids. It will help to improve the relations and situations.
- Try to calm down by taking deep breaths. Slowly breath in and out for five to seven seconds.
- Divert your mind rather than arguing by reading, listening to music or walking outside.
- The other way you can sit in a peaceful place for a few minutes or take a shower.
Children see the world, through the eyes of parents and it is the responsibility of parents to nurture their kids with love, compassion, honesty and utmost dedication.
One must adopt positive parenting techniques to deal with kids and their behaviour.
Parents need to regulate their own emotions first to teach their kids about peace, trust, and honesty.
Kids must be taught religious values with respect, empathy, compassion and help them to take responsibilities with time.