Baby food recipes are easy to make, the difficulty comes in the right selection of foods.
Here we are sharing homemade baby food recipes that are healthy yet nutritional for baby’s health.
A newborn baby or toddler gives joyous feeling to mother.
The strong bond between mom and baby develop in the womb and remains connected forever.
It becomes vital for a mom to give immense care and love to her baby.
It is essential for moms to take care of baby’s health, nutrition and feeding your baby for the proper growth of the baby in the initial years.
Nutritional Baby Food Recipes for a Healthy Child
When it comes to providing proper nutrition to the baby, mothers often think many times about baby food recipes.
As what to add to the diet and what to avoid.
From one month to six months, a baby relies on breastfeeding.
Up till they are not ready for introducing solids food, the best way is to feed them 7-8 times a day.
When baby turned 6 or months old, a mother can feed 5-7 times a day.
Six or seven months old baby is ready for taking solid foods, in the form of purees.
At that time you can also give them goat milk, and many foods for proper nutrition.
- Apple Puree
- Warm Cereal Puree
- Carrot-Yam Puree
- Curry Pea Baby Food
- Banana Puree
- Butternut Squash
- Mango Delight
- Apple & Oats Porridge
- White Peach and Banana Puree
- Chicken Puree
- Pumpkin Puree
- Apricot Puree
1. Apple Puree
Apple is an ideal choice when it comes to making easy baby food recipes at home.
It is fat-free and rich in dietary fiber, flavonoids, and antioxidants.
One apple contains as much dietary fiber as a bowl of bran cereal.
Apples are helpful in increasing energy level of the baby for long hours a day.
It is beneficial to buy organic fruits and if not possible then peel an apple before feeding it.
Easy Steps to make Apple Puree for 6-month-old baby:
- Peel the skin of an Apple and cut it into small pieces.
- Add ½ cup Apple pieces into a ¾th cup of boil water in a pan.
- Simmer it for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Strain and mash it to obtain the punch. Or else use a blender to make Apple Puree.
- You can add Jaggery to add taste else serve it lukewarm.
Note: Do not add Sugar or Honey in Apple Puree.
Benefits of Apple Puree:
- It contains vitamin C and helps baby to absorb iron.
- Its sweet taste appeals them to eat.
- Easy to digest food for a toddler.
- Apples keep your kid full and happy.
- It helps cure stomach disorders.
- Helps to treat constipation and diarrhea.
- It helps to boost the immune system.
- Promote bowel regularity.
- It helps promote overall health.
2. Warm Cereal Puree
Cereal Puree is good food for babies and easy baby food recipes that includes protein and carbohydrates.
A combination of cereals with other food option is helpful to provide vitamins and essential nutrients.
You can make homemade baby food recipes with short grain brown rice or whole grain oat.
- It helps to prevent constipation.
- Promotes overall health.
- It provides fiber and nutrients.
- Good for maintaining digestion.
How to Prepare Baby Food?
It is healthy to make baby food at home with the use of some kitchen tools.
- ¼ cup Brown Rice Powder (blend rice in a blender.)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp formula or breast milk
- Bring the water to boil in a saucepan and add the Rice Powder while stirring it continuously. (You can cook the rice in a pressure cooker in case you can’t use blender.
Cook ¼ rice them mash it.)
- Simmer it for 10-15 minutes and add breast milk to it.
- Serve it warm when it’s done.
This baby cereal puree is for 4 to 6 months baby.
It is better to make it in an organic way for maintaining baby health.
3. Carrot-Yam Puree
Carrots and Yam are rich in vitamins A & C, fiber, and other nutrients.
Vegetable nutrients are essential for growth of the baby.
- It helps in maintaining a healthy circulatory system.
- Good for the eyes.
- Boost immunity of toddlers.
It is the easiest and considered to be the best baby food recipes.
Ingredients on how to puree baby food:
- 1 Peeled Yam and cut into dices.
- 3 Peeled and cut Carrots into dices.
- 2 Tablespoon of water.
How to Prepare Baby Food?
- Put Yam, Carrots, and Water into a steamer pan.
- Boil it for 25 minutes until it turns tender.
- Blend all the content and puree them until it gets smooth. Add one spoon of water if needed.
- Serve it lukewarm or cold.
4. Curry Pea Baby Food
Green Peas are easy to use and very nutritious and healthy option for making baby food.
It contains vitamins, minerals, phosphorous, folate, and iron.
However, it is better to avoid canned, frozen or processed peas.
When it comes to baby health one must go for homemade baby food recipes to avoid the risk of allergies.
- Ideal source of vitamins for infants
- Helps to tackle childhood obesity
- Good for baby’s vision
- Enhance immune health
How to make baby food at home?
- ¼ cup (45 g) Peas, steamed and cooled
- ¼ teaspoon Curry Powder
- Two tablespoons of breast milk
Directions to Use:
- Put steamed Peas, Powder, Breast Milk in the blender.
- Blend it to make it in a smooth paste or else mash it.
You can read about 11 Easy Strengthening Exercises for Kids Health
5. Banana Puree
It contains best nutritional qualities such as vitamins, minerals, potassium, calcium and iron.
Banana Puree adds sweetness to other purees and Yogurt.
It is easy to digest for the babies an provides a healthy source of vitamins.
- It helps control diarrhea.
- Good for digestion.
- Treats constipation and considered to be a less allergic fruit.
- It helps to reduce skin inflammation.
- 1 Banana peeled and diced
- Two tablespoons of Breast Milk. (optional)
- Blend or mash a ripe Banana.
- Heat the mashed content for few seconds to make it soft.
- Add Milk or Water to make it thinner.
- Add Cereals to it, to make it a thick paste.
6. Butternut Squash
It provides an excellent source of beta-carotene, Vitamin A & C, mineral, and fiber.
This puree is easy to digest and rarely cause any allergy and best option to add in baby food recipes.
- It helps keep bones healthy.
- Easy to digest and reduces inflammation.
- Rich in antioxidants.
Tips to make Homemade Baby Food Recipes:
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 1 or 2 cups Cooked Brown Rice
- ½ cup Applesauce
- Cut Butternut Squash into half and scoop out its Seeds.
- Dice it and put it in a pan, cover it with boiling water.
- Bake it in an oven for 40 minutes or else cook it in a pressure cooker.
- Blend Cooked Rice and Applesauce to make a smooth paste.
- You can add water to thicken its consistency.
7. Mango Delight
Mango is healthy and nutritional food that provides health benefits for the growth of a baby.
It is exotic fruit and considered good food for babies.
- It helps to fight microbial infections.
- It is helpful in brain development.
- Protects eye health.
- It helps in proper development of body and mind.
- Enhances immunity system
How to make baby food at home?
- 1½ cups Mango Pulp
- ½ cup fresh Cream
- Fresh Mango chunks
- 1½ cups Whipping Cream (optional)
- Digestive Biscuits (optional)
- Breast Milk or else fresh.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend it for a minute at slow speed.
- Whip plain Whipping Cream and some Powder Sugar for sweetening the taste.
- Serve it chilled with some digestive biscuits.
8. Apple & Oats Porridge
Apple and Oats are highly nutritious and rich in fiber.
It contains antioxidants and other nutrients that are helpful for baby development and growth.
- It provides a rich source of magnesium.
- Boost immune health.
- Gives protection from disease.
- It provides nourishment to the baby.
- It helps to ease constipation.
- Reduces inflammation.
- It helps to boost insulin sensitivity.
- It provides a good source of energy and easy to digest.
- One or Half Apple
- 100 gm of 100% Organic Oats
- Wash and Peel an Apple.
- Chop them into small pieces.
- Add Water and Oats in a boiling pan.
- Add the chopped Apple to the Oats.
- Cooked the porridge, till the Oats cooked well and Apple turn mashy.
- Blend it in a mixture and make a smooth paste.
For Toddlers, you can add Milk after the Oats and Apple is cooked well.
9. White Peach and Banana Puree
White Peaches and Banana are rich in rich in potassium and beta-carotene.
Peach and Banana are good in taste and healthy food for toddlers.
How to prepare baby food?
- 1 Peach
- ½ ripe Banana
- Peel Peach and Banana and cut it into small pieces.
- Steam the Peach if needed and mash thoroughly.
- Blend it into the mixture and make a smooth paste.
10. Chicken Puree
According to the United States recommended, Chicken is nutritious baby food for 8-10 months old.
Chicken is rich in iron, protein, and zinc level.
The low-fat content in it makes a healthy choice for maintaining baby health.
A baby can start eating chicken puree after it has turned 6-7 months old.
Don’t feed chicken puree more than two spoons a day.
- Helps in promoting muscles growth.
- It promotes bone health and development of the brain.
- It enhances the production of red blood cells and circulatory system.
- Good for the digestive system and boost immunity.
- 1 or ½ cups of Boneless Chicken finely chopped
- Fruit or Vegetable (optional)
Direction for Use:
- You can either boil Chicken, use a pressure cooker or else oven it for 15- 20 minutes. Add Vegetables if you want.
- Cook it until the Chicken gets tender and soft.
- Cool the Chicken and blend it to make the puree.
Chicken Stew Recipe
This recipe takes little longer time for its preparation.
- 1 cup Chicken with bone
Directions to Prepare:
- Boil or pressure the Chicken for at least half an hour.
- Let all the nutrients get fully absorbed into the water.
- Strain it and let the stew cool and serve it to your baby.
11. Pumpkin Puree
When your baby is ready to eat solid food, it is time to add many healthy fruits and vegetables for their proper nourishment.
It contains proteins, iron, fiber and free from allergies.
- It provides energy.
- It helps to promote better sleep.
- Great source of energy.
- It helps to keep the skin healthy.
- 1 medium Sugar Pumpkin
- Peel the half cut Pumpkin and remove its seeds.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the oven preheated to 400°F or else boil it in water.
- Blend it or squash it when it turned soft.
- You can add water to thin its consistency.
Your Pumpkin Puree is ready to eat.
12. Apricot Puree
Apricots are rich in beta-carotene, vitamin A & C, and other nutrients.
It is a high source of nutrition for baby and must add in baby food recipes.
- It provides essential antioxidants to the body.
- Good for skin health.
- Helps in maintaining proper digestion.
- Its rich iron content is helpful in boosting baby health.
- It helps for the brain development.
- 1 pound dried Apricot
- 2 cups Pear, White Grape Juice or Apple Juice
Directions for Use:
- Put all the ingredients in the pan and boil it for at least 15 minutes.
- Blend it to get a smooth consistency.
- Add juice to it for a good taste or to thin the consistency.